CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Slowly Going "Green" - Freecycle/Thrift

I don’t really like to throw things out, and I hate the idea that there are items just sitting around that other people could be using.

When I discovered Freecycle I was excited. You go online, list the items you want to get rid of, and put them out for pickup. Craigslist also has a “free” area. I’ve gotten rid of hotel soaps, kitchen appliances, photo frames, other random items. There have been a few times that people don’t come on time (or at all) and my building doesn’t really care for “stuff” just sitting out in the hallway.

Thrift stores are actually a little easier. You just load it up and drop it off. I’m starting to like this way of doing things more and more. No waiting :)

I do attempt to shop at the Thrift store as well, although I’ve only really bought corkboards there recently. My desk and chair (more to come on the chair) were from Craigslist. Of course, I don’t have a No New pledge, but it’s nice to help out those that do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment