CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Me! Monday

NotMeMonday

It is (not) that time of the week again.  Where I – and others – tell about all of the things we did (not) do this week.  Head over to MckMama’s blog to read all of the things other people did (not) do this week.

This week I did (not) travel to our Nation’s Capitol for work.  I do (not) work with a fantastic group of folks who (whom"?) I hardly see since they are spread across the eastern US and I am in Minnesota.  (I do (not) know when it is proper to use who and whom.)

It was (not) great to be in DC the week before Memorial Day and had I (not) realized earlier that it was a holiday weekend, I would (not) have thought to stay longer.  I think the ceremonies would (not) be amazing there.

In traveling from the airport to the office, I did (not) take the Metro.  Waiting on the platform at the airport, a large bug did (not) fly into my hair causing me to jump around like a crazy person.  I do (not) think this kept people away from me on the Metro.

Since I do (not) always travel in jeans instead of work clothes, I did (not) have to change in the bathroom before arriving at work.  I had (not) planned ahead and chosen a skirt, ironed it, and set it on top of my suitcase so changing would be easy.  I had (not) tried on this skirt since last summer and it was (not) a bit snug.  If I had been at home I would (not) have changed, but since I was traveling, I was (not) stuck wandering around all day in the (not) quite snug skirt.

When we meet in a large group, it does (not) always surprise me when the gentleman get up and plug in the woman’s computers so the women do (not) have to crawl on the floor or walk around the table.  Did I mention that I do (not) work with a fantastic group of people? 

Almost all of the people I work with are (not) veterans.  Which is (not) appropriate since we work with Service Members of all branches and their families. 

And, since it is (not) Memorial Day and I do (not) want to pretend this is something I do (not) do, I’ll just say it normally -  I want to thank all the Service Members and their families for their service, especially those who are, or have been deployed.  A special thank you to the families of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.   Happy Memorial Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, what a fun trip! Was it super humid there yet, or did you luck out? It would've been even worse in your {not} snug skirt if it had been!

    ReplyDelete