CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 2, 2009

Vacation and a Brick Wall

Yep - I went on vacation. For two weeks. I went back to visit my family in Florida including my new niece and attended a friend's wedding.
I got work calls on 8 different days while I was gone :(

And I came back to a harsh work reality. Not just an I've-been-gone-for-two-weeks-my-work-has-been-piling-up -while-I-was-gone reality, but a New-financial-systems-launch-this-week, Big-project-that-I-thought-I-was-finished-with-(twice)-needs-more-work, Welcome-to-budget-season-you-need-to-have-it-in-the-system-and-locked-this-week, Quarter-end, Government-fiscal-year-end-so-all-contracts-end-and-start-new-and-oh-yeah-you-need-to-create-the-invoices-for-them, can-you-do-this-work-I-said-I-would-do-while-you-were-gone-but-never-really-intended-to-do, can-you-price-this-deal reality. All of this is something that is either due this week (and I haven't completed it yet) or due next week. Like running smack into a brick wall. Grrr.

Maybe the weather is making me cranky. The first night I got back it was in the 60's, but since the high has been closer to 55 and it's been rainy. So much for getting out and enjoying fall.

Ok. I'm done whining. Back to work. More to come about my vacation soon. You know, when I get a chance to blog again!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you came back to such a hard, yet well-hyphenated reality. :)
    Hope your work goes smoothly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete